Whether you’re adulting your way through winter or still in school, have you ever heard two lovelier words strung together than spring and break?
If you’re lucky, you’ve got a trip lined up somewhere sunny and a packing list weeks in the making. (What’s a vacation if not something to obsessively look forward to?)
Everyone here at Bare Necessities is just as excited to get into a new season—so much so that we rounded up the essential spring getaway pieces we’re packing. Pick one from the categories you need, and away you go.
- Freya Zamba Sweetheart Bikini Top and Rio Side-Tie Bikini Bottom: How amazing is this new tropical abstract print? Bra-level lift and custom-adjustability aside for just a moment, the colors are also very kind to sun-deprived skin.
- Sunsets Samba Muse Halter Bikini Top and Unforgettable Bikini Bottom: Halters are great because you can tweak them to your activity level, from extreme sport to extreme lounging. This one has the benefit of keeping you securely within the cups (thanks, underwire and 3-setting fastener).
- Becca Color Play One-Piece: You’ve got to love a fashion maillot for an early-in-the-season trip, when you haven’t necessarily worked up the nerve to put on a bikini. This one very cleverly spans the distance between a hot two-piece and a classic one-piece using a layer of peek-a-boo crochet.
- Miraclesuit Marrakech Escape Underwire One-Piece: Super flattering, courtesy of both its kaleidoscope print and its Miratex fabric. To be honest, though, we’re really here for the fab matching tasseled cover-up.
- Fantasie Fiji Underwire Tankini Top: Both supportive and springy, with its vivid flora-and-fauna motif. We also appreciate the range of bottoms, in solid aqua or the same print.
- Sunsets Amalfi Coast Muse Tankini Top: Inspired by the blue hand-painted tiles of southern Italy, this flattering underwire-halter-plunge tankini silhouette is exclusive to Bare Necessities.
- Raisins Curve Samba Stingray One-Piece: Gotta love a statement one-piece. With a deep V-neckline, angular seams and flutter sleeves, this black stunner is such a fresh silhouette.
- Miraclesuit Sunset Cay Escape Underwire One-Piece: This suit does it all: It visually minimizes and physically shapes the tummy area while the gorgeous print and underwire flatter the bust.
- Dotti Coachella Crochet Sarong: Get set to shake things up in the next available Conga line, because this dramatically fringed crochet sarong is ready to party.
- Becca Breezy Basics Swim Cover-up: There’s a color of this cool, comfy tank dress to go with practically every swimsuit to make popping into a cafe or bar easier and more put-together-looking.
- A bandeau: Go with the versatile Spanx Undie-tectable Bandeau Bra. This pretty, stay-put strapless packs fashion and function, side-support and wire-free, smooth comfort.
- A strapless bra: Depending on your size, try either the Maidenform Love the Lift Push-Up Strapless Bra, a smooth-finish, convertible push-up, or our best-selling strapless, the Wacoal Red Carpet Strapless Bra. Both come with optional straps, so that’s one fewer bra to pack.
- A T-shirt bra: We’re all currently in love with Freya Starlight T-Shirt Bra, the perfect foundation for all your spring break lewks.
- Hanky Panky Honeycomb Low-Rise Thong: We’ve already established that there is no comfier thong than that signature stretch lace from Hanky Panky. When you’re ready for a spring refresh, make it this fun mixed print.
- Calvin Klein Form Cotton Bikini: For touring-around levels of comfort in some really lovely colors, these breathable, ultra-soft low-rise briefs are vacay no-brainers.
- Flora Nikrooz Petra Charmeuse Cami Pajama Set: For balmy beach vacations, treat yourself to a femme, silky special set that will keep you looking and feeling your coolest.
- P.J. Salvage Floral Woven Sateen Pajama Set: For a city getaway or air-conditioned hotel rooms, a full-length yet airy sateen PJ set in a decidedly spring-summer print is the surest bet.
- Spanx Jean-ish Ankle Leggings: Leggings go everywhere pants do. For the plane or dinners out, consider packing these to-the-ankle pairs in every must-have color.
- Spanx Distressed Denim Leggings: Designer denim, but slimming! Why wear regular jeans?
- Onzie High Basic Capri and Le Femme Sports Bra: If you know you’re getting in a workout, go for the Gold…Floral print. The ruched, ruffle-strapped bra stands head and shoulders above its style competition. Or do the leggings with that black tank you already have.
- Onzie High Rise Leggings and Pyramid Sports Bra: The shiny Love Stone marble-inspired print is amazing, as is the edgy, strappy design behind the scoop-neck bra.